Frequently Asked Questions
If you don't see your question on this page, contact the Alumni Association and we will assist you.
Registration, Username (NetID) and password issues
- What can I find with Georgetown Alumni Online access?
- How do I register for Georgetown Alumni Online access?
- How do I find my username (NetID) or change my password?
Alumni Status and the Alumni Association
- How do I join the Alumni Association?
- What if I didn't graduate?
- How can I contact the Alumni Association?
- How can I find contact information for Georgetown alumni?
- If I didn't attend Georgetown, can I get contact information of alumni?
- When are Homecoming/John Carroll Weekend/Reunions?
- Are there professional and other interest groups for Georgetown alumni?
E-mail forwarding questions
Access to Georgetown Alumni Online allows you to:
- Review, update or change your contact information
- Search the Alumni Directory to find contact information for your fellow alumni
- Read and post Class Notes
- Search the Career Network to find alumni in your field, find a career mentor, or sign up to mentor others
- Current students and recent alumni: your username for Georgetown Alumni Online is the same as your Georgetown NetID, and the password is the same that you use for other online services at Georgetown. If you don't know your NetID, you can retrieve it here.
- Alumni: register here to get your username (NetID) and set your password. You'll need your registration number, found on the address label of mailings you receive from Georgetown. If you don't have your registration number, you can register by verifying your personal information.
- Georgetown faculty and staff: if you would like access to the Georgetown Alumni Online Alumni Directory, please use the online contact form to send a message to the Records Office with your name, Georgetown NetID and a phone number. Someone will be in touch with you within two business days.
- If you don't have a username, visit the new user registration page and verify your personal information.
- If you know your username (NetID) but you've lost your password, you can reset your password here. You'll need to answer the "hint question" you provided when you registered.
- You can change your password here.
- *Please be advised that once you reset your password you will temporarily lose access to highly secured sites such as Access+ for obtaining unofficial transcripts and LibraryLink. If you are unable to access these sites, you will need to submit the NetID Password Reset and Increase in Level of Assurance form.
Contact us for further account assistance, but please never send us your password, for security reasons.
You become a member of the Alumni Association when you graduate. It's automatic. There are no dues to pay or forms to fill out.
As long you completed two semesters in a degree-granting program at Georgetown, you are considered an alumnus or alumna. To request alumni status, contact the Alumni Records office or call 202-687-1994.
Visit the Contact Us page or e-mail Alumni Relations.
- By mail:
Georgetown University Alumni Association
Washington, D.C. 20057-1253
- By overnight express services or couriers:
Georgetown University Alumni Association
Georgetown University Office of Advancement
Suite 500, 2115 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20007
- By phone:
202-687-1994, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EDT
Georgetown alumni and current students can look up contact information for alumni in the Alumni Directory. Please note that some alumni may have chosen to hide this information.
If you are not a Georgetown alumnus/alumna or current student, we cannot provide contact information for our alumni. However, you can send a request to the Alumni Records Office, and we will attempt to forward your message to the person you wish to contact.
Visit our News & Events page for more information.
- Georgetown Wall Street Alliance
- Georgetown African American Advisory Board
- GEMA — the Georgetown Entertainment and Media Alliance
- Georgetown Latin American Alliance
Your gift matters so much to current and future students. Make an online donation at the Georgetown Giving Web site. Or, you can call 202-687-1789 for more information.