The Medical Alumni Board exists to serve the needs and interests of Georgetown University, the Georgetown University Alumni Association, and the medical alumni community. The Medical Board's primary responsibility is to foster engagement and support among alumni for the School of Medicine.
View the 2016-2017 Medical Alumni Board Roster.
Board Duties and Responsibilities
If you are interested in applying for a position on the board, please carefully review the Medical Board Member Responsibilities below.
- Members must serve a three-year term and may serve two consecutive terms. Note: term requirements follow a fiscal calendar year (July 1-June 30).
- Members are expected to attend two of the three board meetings each year and meetings of any committees on which he or she serves.
- Members will serve on at least one of the four standing committees of the Medical Alumni Board. These committees include awards, communication, nominations, and philanthropy.
- Members are expected to make a gift to the Georgetown University School of Medicine each year. The amount and designation is at the discretion of each member.
Annually, Georgetown School of Medicine alumni have the opportunity to submit a self-nomination to be considered for a position on the Medical Alumni Board. Three categories of positions are available. Typically, all candidates are active participants in their community and within Georgetown University alumni activities:
Chairman-Elect: the chair-elect is a member of the Medical Alumni Board executive committee, will stand in for the chairman in times of his or her absence and upon completion of his/her term, shall automatically assume the office of chairman. The chair-elect term will be effective from July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016 at which time they will assume the role as chairman and begin a three year term, July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2019.
Submit a self-nomination for the Chairman-Elect position here.
Annual Fund Chair: the annual fund chair is a member of the Medical Alumni Board executive committee and assists the Office of Advancement staff with annual giving strategy and planning. The annual fund chair will serve a three year term, effective July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2018.
Submit a self-nomination for the Annual Fund Chair position here.
Alumni Board Member: the medical board's primary responsibility is to foster engagement and support among alumni and for the School of Medicine. Members of the medical alumni board can serve up to 2 consecutive three-year terms. Those submitting a nomination will be considered to begin their first term July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2019.
Submit a self-nomination for an alumni board member position here.
Nominations for the 2016-2019 term are open and complete nomination packets are due by April 24th.
- Complete the online nomination form.
- Submit a letter of intent and/or recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send your curriculum vitae (CV) to email@example.com
The Medical Alumni Board will vote of the elected slate of nominees during the Spring 2015 meeting on Saturday, May 30th. Elected candidates will be notified after that date.
Please contact Erin Pitts at 202-6877348 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.