Georgetown University Alumni Association (GUAA) is excited to partner with Publishing Concepts, Inc. (PCI) to manage the update and publishing of a new alumni directory. The project began in March of 2014 and will last through the fall of 2014, with printed directories shipping to those who order them in the spring of 2015.
In addition to producing the printed directory, GUAA will work to make significant enhancements to the password-protected online directory currently found at Georgetown Alumni Online. All alumni are encouraged to confirm their contact information and communication preferences as PCI begins its outreach this spring.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for Georgetown University. Is this a legitimate project?
This is a Georgetown University project, and we thank you for participating. Georgetown University Alumni Association has partnered with Publishing Concepts, Inc. (PCI) to produce a new alumni directory. The new directory will allow the university and the Alumni Association to receive important updates to our alumni database in order to better serve all alumni in the future.
2. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
Georgetown University Alumni Association has a contractual agreement with PCI that states that the names, addresses and information provided to PCI by Georgetown are solely for the purpose of publication in the alumni directory and will be held confidential by PCI. Upon completion of the project, PCI will also return any and all electronic files supplied by Georgetown or produced in connection with the directory.
3. Who can purchase a directory?
The Georgetown University alumni directory will be available for sale only to Georgetown University alumni.
4. How can I verify and update my information?
You may update your information by calling 1-855-376-1934 and speaking with a representative dedicated to the Georgetown alumni directory project who will verify the information on file for you and make updates as needed. If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may use that link to go online and review or update your information. You also have the option to email your request to PCI customer service at email@example.com.
5. I’d like to be included in the directory but prefer not to speak with an outside vendor. Is there a way to do this?
You may also contact the Georgetown University Alumni Association to provide your current information at 202-687-3604.
6. Can I choose to have some or all of my information omitted from the directory?
When you call to update your information, you may let the PCI representative know what information you would prefer to have included. You may also contact the Georgetown University Alumni Association with this information at 202-687-3604.
7. When will I receive my directory?
The directory update will take about 12 months to complete. Directories will be distributed in the spring of 2015.
8. I ordered a directory over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How may I do this?
Contact the PCI customer service help desk at 1-800-395-4724 for assistance with order cancellations.